Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 920 bluetooth problems

bilbob

Re: Lumia 920 bluetooth problems

[ Edited ]

danxang wrote:
05/13/13. I'm reading all these comments about the nokia lumia bluetooth issues, and I m wondering all these people don't know how to use bluetooth or their devices are faulty or too old. My nokia lumia 920 paired with my car pioneer stereo DEH 6400BT, I can listen to my music and certainly I can take calls in my car using the bluetooth without any problem. Not an issue in my case.

Ah, so as yours works fine, it must be everyone else doing it wrong, yeah?

well, my newly updated to latest firmware parrot car kit, that worked just fine with a lumia 800 would care to argue...

Please use plain text.
WaldoBC

Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems

Could be a Microsoft problem, could be a Nokia problem.

The pairing is fine. The connection is fine. My 920 connects to two separate Bluetooth devices (2011 Ford Focus and Motorola S10HD Bluetooth) just fine. But, there is a sudden disconnect to the Bluetooth when I answer the phone. Suddenly, I have a "non-wireless" conversation, (whilst my phone is in my pocket) because I answered the phone properly using the Bluetooth device. Today, I was listening to music on my wireless headset, phone rang, music stopped, I heard two warnings on my wireless headset (that there was an incoming call), I picked up the call and suddenly… no more Bluetooth connection. **bleep**? Nonsensical. It’s absurd and it’s getting to be very annoying.

My old Windows 6.1 phone never "lost" connection its connection to Bluetooth like this. How does this happen? Why does this happen? Whose responsibility is it to fix this?

Please use plain text.
masa3

It appears both Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 are having similar Bluetooth issues. Both 920 and 820 are failing to play music after 2-3 songs on 2010 Prius. The pairing seems to be working fine, but the phone just refuses to move to next song stopping right at 0'00" of the song when that happens. When that happens, both Nokia Music and XBOX Music are affected. If try to continue attempt another song or tracks, the music player eventually locks up, and have to restart phone to get back a sound.

Funny thing is that the music may resume playing if I briefly switch the audio between AUX and Bluetooth by pressing the "AUX" button twice on the Car Nav unit. That action appears releases the lockup situation of the Windows Phone 8’s music player.

What’s going on? AT&T, Nokia or Toyota; each tech support blames each other when I inquiry for this compatibility issue. Nokia Tech Support said that she “never” heard of Bluetooth issue on Nokia Lumia 920 – while there is numerous reports of various issues such as here.

Such issue never happened with Samsung Focus, HTC Windows Mobile phones or other mobile devices with the same car. Haven’t tried any other Windows Phone 8 device however, Nokia Lumia series seem to be having such a bad luck.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
810ToyotaFail

I have the same problem with 810 and Toyota Bluetooth Pairng. Doesn't work on my Sienna, but works great with my Honda CIVIC (both 2012 models)...

Any help in understanding when the fix from Microsoft or Toyota will be availalble would be great.

Right now I can't purchase a Windows 8 phone for my wife because it won't pair with her primary car (Sienna)... And I would hate to be forced to purchase an IPhone or Android phone becuase of this incompatibility.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sakic

I have the same issue, I cant get the song to display nor can I control the music from my car.
Please use plain text.
sparlie22

had nokia n9 & it worked perfect with nokia CK7W. Upgraded to Lumia 920 - no sound in maps, only hear parts of conversation when making phone calls, have to turn off bluetooth & use L 920 by hand which if the police catch you, you make a $ 305.00 donation to the government. Not happy would be an understatement. Have 2 x 920 & 1 x 800 & all have same problem

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
girlymomoftwo

this is my first windows phone and i love it, but i am having the same problem with the lumia 920 and the odyssey 2013. It will connect and then disconnect, on and off during a conversation, when i can actually start a converstion! very annoying. and couple of time the phone will just shut down and won't respond to the power button for few minutes!! Nokia please fix the problem before i go back to the iphone which worked great with any bluetooth!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mrsAdams

Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems

I have the same problem with my VW Tiguan - no phone book

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SBNLUK

I tested the connectivity on a car sharing vehicel (UK Golf VII from ZIPcar) with the Nokia 920. The pairing worked straight away. 

To access the phone book on the people hub, I needed to tap on the  favourites on the interface in the car (there are four fields). this loads all your contacts from which you can choose the contact of choice. 

I tested the music, the satnav and the phone funciton of the Nokia 920 and all worked fine. Also, when exiting and re-entering the car, the Nokia always automatically re-connected.  

Please use plain text.
WaldoBC

Did you ever recieve a phone call?

In my case, nothing that you mentioned has ever been a problem. The Nokia 920 has "disconnect" issues. Connection and pairing are "not" the problem. The pairing has always worked fine. In my car, I could be listening to bluetooth audio from my phone, suddenly, I get a call, music stops (as it shoud), the phone rings (through the car speakers), I use the button on my car to answer the phone... and the bluetooth disconnects.

I have the same issue with my bluetooth headset. Now, if I get a second call soon afterwards. The "disconnect issue" may not happen again. But, for the first call, I have to manually turn off bluetooth on my phone (as it thinks bluetooth is still active). Turn it on again and the call is reconnected to my car speakers. Simple and manual workaround, but it defeats the purpose of hands-free and it shouldn't happen.

With my previous phone, HTC Snap running Windows 6.1, I was able to keep it in my trunk. Making calls and receiving calls were never an issue. The bluetooth in my car (Ford Focus 2011) is not the issue as other phones have worked without an issue. The Nokia 920 (the first phone in 20 years that I love) has "disconnect" issues. Connection and pairing are "not" the problem.

Please use plain text.
SupplyGuy

I have the same issues with my Nokia 920...I have a Hyundai Equus, 2012.  My old 900 worked perfect.  I upgraded to the 920 the beginning of 2013 and although it connects, it locks up quickly and simply does not work.  I connect to other bluetooth devices, and other phones connect to the Equus, so it seems that it would be something with the bluetooth on the vehicle side - anyone from Nokia willing to weigh in on this?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jeffchap

My Lumia 920 has exactly these same problems with the Pioneer head unit in my Scion FR-S. Very frustrating! I hope it is addressed in the GDR2/Amber update.
Please use plain text.
jaimehcaro

In this forum I see 14 pages full of complaints on Nokia Lumia 920 not working with bluetooth, and also the phone getting blocked, not responding even to the On-Off button. That is exatly the case with my brand new Nokia Lumia 920 phone. I was a happy user of Nokia Lumia 800, and now I am a sad, disappointed, defraud, cheated and robbed customer. The complaints in this forum go from 2012-11-08 all the way to 2013-09-02. Has anybody got his money back?

Please use plain text.
jaimehcaro

I took the telephone to Movistar customer service. They reinstalled completely the operating system and now my Nokia Lumia 920 is working perfectly.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Maxis77

I have to address that the guilty for this problem Might be the native music player of Nokia Lumia 920. 

I have TDK A73. Bluetooth works perfectly if I use Nokia Music. Song, song, song.

If I play songs with the music player. Song, stop.

I have installed Ambush update.

Lumia 920 White
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kurniaeka

i'm glad to see "The poor man can not afford a cheap" only had minor problem :thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kansasgramps

Nokia Lumina 920. My Lincoln Microsoft SYNC system allows me to listen to music over blue tooth but cannot see song titles. If I connect USB I can see song titles but cannot hear music. Get an initial warning that this device does not supprt playing protected content over usb.

Phone connects fine and downloads my contacts.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
andyhamilton

Lumia 920 bluetooth problems SOLVED with GDR3 software release from Microsoft

There seems to be some good news for all these problems with the latest update released yesterday from Microsoft. The latest GDR3 update includes new bluetooth options for Driving mode and also an advanced moded tick box in the bluetooth settings page that says Connect in a different way to use speech with bluetooth in my car. When ticking this and also assigning my Jaguar XF bluetooth as a Driving Mode. Hey presto and suddenly I can connect permanently, the last calls and phonebook download and the sound quality is much improved. Oh and also speech control now also works for the first time. So for me any way this is a vast improvement and something has actually changed for the better at last to allow full functionality. This means I can now get rid of my old C092 which has been working as a seperate car phone for the last couple of years. The version number for the new software update is 8.0.10512.142

Microsoft have also released a workaround so that you can get their latest updates ahead of waiting for telco carriers called Preview for Developers. See here for Paul Thurrott's excellent article in how to download and activate it http://winsupersite.com/windows-phone/windows-phone-8-update-3-update-your-handset-today I have successfully done this and all the other phine settings are unaffected. This ismajor progress for the Winows Phone fraternity, hope it helps, cheers Andy

Please use plain text.
peterdc

Re: Bluetooth issues related to incompatible versions of bluetooth

Check you bluetooth version.  

Nokia 900 uses Bluetooth 2.1 tech

Nokia 920/925/928/1020 use Bluetooth 3.0 tech

Bluetooth 3.0 is not compatible with 2.1/2.0.  (it will connect, but then break it just as quick)

Bluetooth 3.0 was released in 2009 so probably didn't make it into most cars until 2012. 

If you have an older car with bluetooth, it is likely version 2.0/2.1 and thus not compatible with the 920 etc.  Sorry folks.  I doubt Nokia would offer a downgrade option. 

Bummed to learn this. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chrisgaza

i suggest backing up data, updating to latest windows os thats 8.1 and then removing all paired bluetooth devices and u are good to go
Please use plain text.